Become a Friend of Food for the Brain
By becoming a FRIEND your donation supports the charity to provide you and others with an array of educational tools and resources to help you take control of your brain health:
COGNITION® – The personalised, interactive brain upgrade web-based app that helps you dementia-proof your diet and lifestyle. As a FRIEND you have free access at any time.
MY LIBRARY – A growing library of health reports and filmed interviews with experts in mental health
Most of all, becoming a FRIEND supports the essential work of the charity, educating people on the importance of nutrition for brain health, providing free resources that help people manage their condition, and helping thousands take steps towards reducing their risk of dementia in the future through our free Cognitive Function test and Dementia Risk Index questionnaire. It helps us continue our Catering Accreditation scheme, working with caterers in schools, universities and other catering establishments to upgrade their offering to promote brain health. It also supports our ongoing research finding out how best to inspire positive change to help people reduce their dementia risk through diet and lifestyle. But we can’t do any of this without your support.
PAST WEBINARS – A growing library of past webinars with world class pioneers, plus big discounts on paid new webinars and Masterclasses
FRIEND’S FACEBOOK GROUP – Where you can ask questions, share experiences with others, find out what works
Every £1 you give helps us reach and change the lives of so many more people.
How we put your donation to work
Right now your donation is helping us to: build our much needed research database, move old CFT results across so people can track their progress over time: set up pin prick blood testing; improve COGNITION including bringing in ‘push’ text prompt to remind and motivate people to enact prevention steps; add in zoom sessions for additional support; making three Masterclasses, on Autism, Alzheimer’s prevention and optimum nutrition for the mind, available to all. We cannot do this without FRIENDS. Please donate now – ideally paying £50 a year.
Since Food For The Brain began in 2006 we’ve:
- Helped make hundreds of catering establishments brain-food friendly in feeding thousands of meals supporting mental wellbeing and brain health
- Had over 400,000 people take our free Cognitive Function Test
- Treated over 5,000 people with mental health problems through our Brain Bio Centre.
- Created the Dementia Risk Index, assessing a person’s future risk
- Created COGNITION and continue to improve it
- Supported more than 20,000 people per month looking for information and guidance on our website regarding mental health and nutrition
- Run ground-breaking studies in special need and low performing schools resulting in significant changes in behaviour and SAT results.
- Supported an MSc student resulting in published reviews of research on nutrition and schizophrenia, read by thousands of clinicians
- Given 100’s of lectures in schools, universities, businesses, GP practices and to the public to promote mental health through optimum nutrition. In 2023 we present at a dozen medical/professional conferences
- Keep reviewing new research and adding it and articles to our website and sharing with you.
- Keep researching what really work for preventing cognitive decline and sharing it with you.
MONTHLY£5 a month, for a minimum of 6 months
As a charity we rely on your generous donations to support the continuation of our vital educational tools and research, which help empower people to take charge of their brain health.